Wednesday, March 8, 2017

USAF KC135R 62-3561

Yes I was there.......

The RNZAF 80th Anniversary Air Tattoo at Ohakea last month.

The trip to Ohakea was in the planning for a long time and it sure was great to spend the weekend with some great mates and fellow spotters and photographers. And some cold beers at the end of each day sure went down a treat.

I have been following on social media, etc, etc, lots of other photographers photos from the Air Tattoo and it's great to see other photos that captured the weekend.

Well I've finally started to sort through my photos and, I hope you enjoy the images I took that best reflect the way I remembered the Air Show.

So to kick things off. Here is the USAF KC135R Tanker 62-3561, which is based in Japan.

62-3561 arrived just on sunset on Friday 24th Feb direct from Darwin, providing Air to Air refuelling for the F16's that were also headed for Ohakea and the Air Tattoo. The arrival shots on sunset are my favourites.


















No comments: