Friday, October 2, 2015

California Science Centre - United Airlines DC-8

Whilst in Los Angeles I made a trip to the California Science Centre for a visit, which is located pretty close to downtown LA. The Science Centre is great, with lots of impressive exhibits and displays on Aviation and Space Flight, along with great general science and technology learning also.
It's a huge place so will be making a trip back again, but not during the USA school holiday season, the place was packed with kids and was very crowded the day I was there.

Thought I'd start by showing these photos of this ex United Airlines DC-8, N8066U which was donated to the California Science Centre back in 1984, I believe. N8066U was also nicknamed
"Los Angeles". Due to its location, I could not get any full length side on shots so had to be happy with these ones.

United Airlines DC-8
N8066U
N8066U
N8066U
N8066U
N8066U
N8066U

No comments: