Friday, April 11, 2014

Grumman Goose - Bay Of Islands

Back as a kid, my summer holidays was always spent camping in the beautiful Bay of Islands in the north of the North Island of New Zealand at a beach front camping ground called, Jack & Jill Camp.

Can't quite remember the year, I think either 1979-1980, ZK-ENY a See Bee Air Grumman Goose G-21A landed in the bay for purpose of taking people on sight seeing flights out and over the Island's.
It was an extra way of making some money for the day, after flying up from Auckland in the morning, and before returning to Auckland later in the afternoon. So good old Dad, after fronted up the cash so I could take a ride. I was on the second trip, and this photo is of the first trip returning back.

This photo is has been scanned and I took it on my first camera I owned.

Gruman Goose G-21A
ZK-ENY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have been 10 or 11 then ;-)

Anonymous said...

My dad owned and flew this Goose in The Marshall Islands before he sold it to the Kiwis.
Bob Reed

Anonymous said...

This would have been Xmas of 1978-79, I was also at the Jack & Jill motor camp then and it was the first summer that Sea Bee Air had 'ENY in service. The goose was repainted in their standard livery the following autumn :)